E. coli Expression System
The E. coli expression system is the most widely used expression system for recombinant proteins. Advantages of using E. coli for protein expression are low cost, high expression level, ease of scaling, and a short turnaround time.
- High Efficiency: our collection of more than 10 host strains and various proprietary or non-proprietary vectors guarantees the selection of the most efficient expression system.
- High Productivity: multiple fusion tags and our proprietary AIE technology are available in house to increase protein solubility and production, and to decrease purification cost, even for toxic proteins.
- Refolding: we have established an effective protein refolding system consisting of 20 refolding buffers optimized with 9 parameters to increase the chance to obtain soluble and bioactive proteins.
- Large-Scale Production: we are able to produce up to 500L of E. coli cell culture for gram scale production.
- Modifications: metabolic labeling with stable isotopes (13C and 15N) and biotinylation are available.
- Competitive Pricing: 5mg protein at80% purity from only $1000!
Cloning and Expression
- Codon optimization and gene synthesis (optional): $0.40 per base pair
- Subcloning gene of interest into E. coli expression vector: $195 each
- Construction of expression strains and optimization of expression conditions: $100
Pilot Scale Expression and Production
- 2 liters of bacterial cell culture
- Inducing cells with IPTG and cell harvesting for purification
- Purifying protein with or without tag by affinity column, gel filtration, ion exchange, orhydrophobic column
- Removal of fusion/purification tag
- 5mg of protein from $1000
- Large-scale fermentation up to 500L with 60-80g cell pellet/liter
- Large-scale purification up to gram scale
- Protein refolding
- Metabolic labeling with stable isotopes (13C and 15N)
- Large-scale fermentation
- Large-scale purification
- Process development