Protein Expression in E. coli Expression System
The E. coli expression system is the most widely used expression system for recombinant proteins. There are many advantages of using a E. coli protein expression system including:
- low costs
- high expression level
- ease of scaling
- short turnaround times
Protein Expression in E. coli Highlights:
- High Efficiency: our collection of more than 10 host strains and various proprietary or non-proprietary vectors guarantees the selection of the most efficient expression system.
- High Productivity: multiple fusion tags and our proprietary AIE technology are available in house to increase protein solubility and production, and to decrease purification cost, even for toxic proteins.
- Refolding: we have established an effective protein refolding system consisting of 20 refolding buffers optimized with 9 parameters to increase the chance to obtain soluble and bioactive proteins.
- Large-Scale Production: we are able to produce up to 500L of E. coli cell culture for gram scale production.
- Modifications: metabolic labeling with stable isotopes (13C and 15N) and biotinylation are available.
- Competitive Pricing: 5mg protein at 80% purity from only $1000!
Cloning and Expression
- Codon optimization and gene synthesis (optional): $0.40 per base pair
- Subcloning gene of interest into E. coli expression vector: $195 each
- Construction of expression strains and optimization of expression conditions: $100
Pilot Scale Expression and Production
- 2 liters of bacterial cell culture
- Inducing cells with IPTG and cell harvesting for purification
- Purifying protein with or without tag by affinity column, gel filtration, ion exchange, orhydrophobic column
- Removal of fusion/purification tag
- 5mg of protein from $1000
- Large-scale fermentation up to 500L with 60-80g cell pellet/liter
- Large-scale purification up to gram scale
- Protein refolding
- Metabolic labeling with stable isotopes (13C and 15N)
- Large-scale fermentation
- Large-scale purification
- Process development
Stout TE, et al. Recombinant Filaggrin Is Internalized and Processed to Correct Filaggrin Deficiency.
PMID: 23792461 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
In addition to our E. coli protein expression system, we also offer a number of other expression systems including:yeast expression system, baculovirus expression system, and mammalian cell expression system.